1 bunch arugula, washed and dried
1 bunch red leaf lettuce, washed, dried, and torn into bite sized pieces
1/4 lb. Roquefort, crumbled
1/4 cup hazelnuts (filberts), chopped and toasted (10 minutes at 350)
1 bunch red leaf lettuce, washed, dried, and torn into bite sized pieces
1/4 lb. Roquefort, crumbled
1/4 cup hazelnuts (filberts), chopped and toasted (10 minutes at 350)
Dressing:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tlb. hazelnut oil (or any nut)
2 tlb. cider vinegar
1 tsp. honey
1 tsp. Maggi seasoning (look in the ketchup section of the store)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tlb. hazelnut oil (or any nut)
2 tlb. cider vinegar
1 tsp. honey
1 tsp. Maggi seasoning (look in the ketchup section of the store)
Directions:
Toss all greens together. Combine dressing ingredients in a blender and mix well, or combine in a large bowl and whisk. Just before serving, toss salad with dressing. Put portions on individual chilled plates and sprinkle with nuts and cheese.
Notes: Instead of trying to get watercress and arugula and so forth, I just pick a couple kinds of lettuce and combine them. It doesn't really matter what kinds you use (usually I do one bunch green leaf and one bunch red leaf, I think). Then, instead of Roquefort cheese, I use feta cheese (it's supposedly similar). Also, I omit the Maggi seasoning since I've never been able to find it. Really, I'm not sure what this salad would taste like if you did follow the recipe. I like it my way.
No comments:
Post a Comment
We appreciate receiving your feedback so please leave us your thoughts below:
Lots of love,
the Paredes Family